To prolong the life of your sectional building, we recommend you adhere to the following information:
- Always check there are no overhanging branches or leaves above your building, this can wear away the felt or break off and damage the roof.
- Check you have no puddles of water collecting under your shed.
- All furniture must be oiled on a regular basis.
- Silicone seals around doors and windows may need to be replaced when required.
- Your sectional building is manufactured from 100% pressure treated timber, so your building is protected against rot and insect attack. If water penetration occurs we recommend you seal your building with a waterproof paint or sealant – We recommend Protek (Royal Exterior) which can be purchased direct from us. More than one coat may be required, check the manufacturers recommendations. Please allow adequate space around your building for future maintenance.
- Gutters can be fitted – this stops drips of water being blown on to the building, and also stops splash back onto the bottom of the building.
- If your sectional building is erected in damp inclement conditions, you must ensure you leave adequate ventilation to allow the sectional building to dry. If you fail to ventilate the building whilst timbers are drying out, condensation will occur. This will produce drips or runs of water inside the building, which may be mistaken for leaks. Condensation will also build up on the inside of the windows.
- We use heavy duty felt, this is the best on the market because it is manufactured with tar and oil, It can move with atmospheric conditions, this is out of our control. We felt the buildings in a way that has been tried and tested by the company for over twenty years. The roof is always larger than building foot print size.
Please check the packing list to ensure everything is accounted for – We cannot be held responsible if parts are missing after 24 hour of delivery.
All interlocking cabins are untreated; it is the customer’s responsibility to apply treatment immediately. The cabin should be stored in the dry until erection.
We recommend you treat your cabin as soon possible with a clear wood preservative inside and out, and then an exterior wood stain or sealant. As the manufacturers recommendations. A thick treatment is recommended this will seal any cracks or holes. We recommend Protek (royal exterior) which can be purchased direct from us. This should be done annually; all seals should be checked and resealed annually. We recommend you erect your cabin as soon as possible to prevent warping. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the building is water tight.
Please be aware, these cabins are a natural timber product. All buildings are computer cut to ensure a tight fit. Some lengths may be slightly bowed; twisted, split or cracked this can be easily rectified with wood filler. We do not hold cabins in stock for long periods to minimize this. Our fully qualified erection team have years of experience and are able to overcome any of these issues.
If your buildings need to be aired please do not use heaters, this will dry out to fast and cause warping and cracking in the timbers. Open windows and doors and let the air flow through the building. Depending on the weather conditions this may take a few weeks.
We do not recommend felt tiles to be used in open and coastal areas. The tiles may lift in adverse weather conditions. Once installed this is out of our control.
Green mineral felt is recommended.
REGULAR MAINTENANCE WILL EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR SKINNERS INTERLOCKING CABIN
Please read the following customers responsibilities & advice carefully. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have read the above and still encounter a problem then please contact us via our Customer Care form.